Readly welcomes 71 French regional newspapers to its platform
Readly launched its platform in France in November 2022 with just over 400 titles and have since then continued to expand the content portfolio reaching over 550 titles in France.
The addition of regional and local newspapers has been a continued strategic focus across Readly markets since 2021, and is an important addition in France where a recent survey by the all you can read platform indicated that 65 percent of French subscribers selected regional news amongst the top three categories they read regularly.
The popularity of local news may also be the result of more consumers seeking trusted content close to home. YouGov research commissioned by Readly showed that 65 percent of people in France are concerned about the spread of fake news and indicated that consuming verified, trusted journalism is ‘very important’ to 42 percent of French people.
– Verified journalism and trusted news is of the greatest importance to our subscribers and we are very happy to welcome such a wide offering of regional newspapers to our platform. During 2022 as many as 34 million newspaper issues were read on Readly globally. We look forward to adding significant reach to these new titles through our international audience, says Jean-Frédéric Lambert, Managing Director, Readly France.
Readly’s portfolio of newspapers has grown significantly and now includes 43 national newspapers and 247 regional titles from eight markets in total. During 2022 Readly saw a 23 percent increase globally in the average reading time per month of the newspapers on its platform, in comparison with the previous year.
– Our data shows that access to newspapers on Readly increases reading engagement, both in total reading time and average reading time, and we have seen a significant increase in subscribers using our app daily in a number of countries. We also see a spillover effect on magazine reading, as well as a distinct group that reads only daily newspapers, says Jean-Frédéric Lambert.
The regional newspapers are now available to Readly’s audience alongside more than 7000 titles as part of the all you can read digital magazines and newspaper subscription.
About the research:
- Readly survey of 981 Epresse by Readly users, conducted between October and November 2022.
- The survey was conducted by the YouGov analysis institute. A total of 1033 French people aged 18+ were interviewed using CAWI methodology during the period of 25-30 November 2021.
- Readly Trends Report 2022
For media enquiries:
Linnéa Aguero, Head of Communication: +46 725-03 32 31, email@example.com
Readly is the European category leader for digital magazines. The company offers a digital subscription service where customers have unlimited access to 7,000 magazines and newspapers. Readly has subscribers in more than 50 countries and content available in 17 different languages. In collaboration with 1200 publishers worldwide, Readly is digitising the magazine and newspaper industry. In 2022, revenues amounted to SEK 592 million. Since September 2020, the Readly share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. For more information, please visit https://corporate.readly.com