Foodies reveal their most loved dishes this Valentine’s Day
Food is the language of love for many and thousands of people across the UK are searching for recipe ideas in the run up to Valentine’s Day on February the 14th to treat their loved ones to an inspired culinary treat. Readly, the digital magazine and newspaper app, has reported a surge in recipe searches across its app and reveals its most bookmarked recipes and top food searches.
Hearty, wholesome dishes such as one pots, traybakes and pies and traditional comfort foods with chicken and seasonal vegetables are set to be on the menu this Valentine’s Day.
The top 10 recipes saved off across the Readly app for Valentine’s Day 2024 are:
- Best of the best beef lasagne with a saucy slow-cooked beef ragu
- Broccoli stem falafel bowl
- Sticky lemon chicken traybake
- Cauliflower steak diane with poppy seed wedges
- Creamy tarragon chicken
- Prawn cocktail with horseradish cream
- Teriyaki and lime glazed chicken wings
- Chicken and ginger fried rice
- Duck confit with slow cooked broccoli and blood orange
- Cheesy potato patchwork pie
For dessert, lovers will be whipping up a decadent take on traditional comforting puds such as blitz and bake banana sticky toffee pudding, Dorset apple cake with lashings of cream, steamed citrus sponges and a zingy pineapple cake, shows the recipe data.
- Recipe searches are some of the most bookmarked pages on the Readly app and they are particularly popular around this time of year when people look to find inspiration and creativity to create something special for date night cooking. We can see that subscribers are searching for and saving off tasty chicken recipes, traybakes and indulgent takes on classic dishes across the food titles on our app in the run up to Valentine’s Day this year Chris Couchman, Head of Content at Readly.
The top drinks set to be poured on Valentine’s Day include the warming full bodied red wine, plus fruity spirits and cocktail twists such as a strawberry gin or a cava cocktail with orange blossom. And some may opt for craft beer and whiskey, which also made the top five drinks searches.
Health continues to be a theme for some home-cooked menus this year with vegan foods, gut health foods, gluten-free and vegetarian all featuring in the top search terms across the 7,600 titles on Readly digital magazine and newspaper app.
59 percent of women have so far bookmarked recipes in comparison with 41 percent of men, showing that more women are getting inspiration and planning the date night well ahead of the big day.
The top 10 food searches for Valentine's Day 2024 across the app are:
- Air fryer
- Raspberry pie
- Ramen & soups
- Greek foods
- Rose & caramel dessert
- Pineapple dessert
Food is one of the most popular categories on the Readly app amongst UK subscribers alongside categories such as Business & Finance and lifestyle. Food & Drink magazines saw a 13 percent increase in readership year on year in 2023.
Readly has many food titles and recipes on its platform to read as part of the monthly subscription. Readly is £9.99 a month for unlimited reading with gift cards available for 3, 6 and 12 months. Visit www.readly.com for more information.
About the stats: Data taken from Readly app 1 Jan-8 February 2024
For more details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07879 818 711
Readly is the European category leader for digital magazines. The company offers a digital subscription service that gives customers unlimited access to 7,700 magazines and newspapers. Readly has subscribers in more than 50 countries and content available in 17 different languages. In collaboration with 1200 publishers worldwide, Readly is digitising the magazine and newspaper industry. In 2023, revenues amounted to SEK 677 million. The Readly share is listed on Nasdaq First North Growth Market. For more information, please visit https://corporate.readly.com